Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Grandl Robert <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2012/08/22 03:34:32 UTC

Copy the input block files

Hi,

I have an input which I divided into 256 blocks into hdfs, each of 10 MB.

My question is: How can I download some of these blocks only ? I tried from the Web UIĀ  and look at "Advanced view/download options" where all the input blocks are listed. However, when I try to specify "Chunk size to view (in bytes, up to file's DFS block size):" I got an error like: "Invalid input (genstamp absent)"

Do you know other way to copy the content of some blocks ? I am using Hadoop 1.0.3

Thanks,
Robert