Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Benjamin Francisoud <be...@anyware-tech.com> on 2005/09/01 14:46:49 UTC

Re: I18n transformer removes tags

Urs Iwert wrote:

>-- menu_en.xml -----------------------------------------
><catalogue xml:lang="en">
><catalogue>
>
>1. Problem (major)
>The message "Demo Reports" should be translated into different
>languages. I also like to have the message formatted with some
>translation. I expected that the original message would be replaced by
>the language specific message. But the i18n transformer just removes all
>tags.

I think you shouldn't mix presentation <b/>, <i/> with your i18n messages.

If you need to translate to an other language, you will need to
copy/paste all those <b/>... in every language catalogue :-(

If you decide one or many of those messages must not be in bold anymore,
you will need to update all the catalogues :-( (once again)

A better way to achieve this is to use a css style:

and put only the sentence in the i18n catalogue.

<message key="demo_reports">Demo Reports</message>

Benjamin Francisoud