Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/01 14:32:13 UTC

Re: System.getenv vs Ant 1.8.1's Execute

Hi,

I got no problem and no difference on my Mac:
----
env $ java -jar build/lib/ant-usertests.env-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
Detected OS_NAME: mac os x
Detected OS_ARCH: x86_64
Detected OS_VERSION: 10.5.8

Both methods returned the same environment information
env $ java -version
java version "1.6.0_17"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_17-b04-248-9M3125)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.3-b01-101, mixed mode)
----

Xavier

Xavier Hanin - 4SH France - http://www.4sh.fr/
BordeauxJUG creator & leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/

Re: System.getenv vs Ant 1.8.1's Execute

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-06-01, Xavier Hanin wrote:

> I got no problem and no difference on my Mac:

Thank you for checking.  I forgot to say so but the same is true for
Linux (at least the Ubuntu/OpenJDK combination I've tried) and Solaris.

> env $ java -version
> java version "1.6.0_17"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_17-b04-248-9M3125)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.3-b01-101, mixed mode)
> ----

Maybe I should add this information to the output by default.

Stefan