Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Klaus Ma <kl...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/24 16:01:41 UTC

What's the scope/version of v1 HTTP API?

Hi team,

My understanding to v1 HTTP API is that, it's used for API compatibility
between different mesos version. But what's scope of v1 HTTP API? Before
Mesos 1.0? And how/when should we upgrade API version?

----
Da (Klaus), Ma (马达) | PMP® | Advisory Software Engineer
Platform Symphony/DCOS Development & Support, STG, IBM GCG
+86-10-8245 4084 | klaus1982.cn@gmail.com | http://k82.me

Re: What's the scope/version of v1 HTTP API?

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
HTTP API would be the recommended way for frameworks to interact with
Mesos. The plan is to deprecate the driver based framework communication
once we release 1.0 and remove the driver support in 2.0.

Current status: Scheduler HTTP API is in beta. We are still fixing bugs and
adding features (e.g., authentication). Executor API implementation is in
progress.

I would not recommend upgrading production frameworks/clusters to HTTP API
yet. But highly recommend testing out the beta scheduler http api in your
testing/staging clusters and give us feedback. The more beta users and
feedback we have, the sooner we could call HTTP API production ready.