Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dave Thacker <dt...@omnihotels.com> on 2008/02/22 16:25:45 UTC

Unable to check out repository via WebDAV

Background info
OS for client and server:  SuSE Enterprise Server 10 SP1
Subversion Version:  	1.3.1 (installed from SuSE SDK rpms)
Apache Version:            2.2.3 (Suse install)

Both machines are on the same network segment.  Firewalls are disabled.

Server 'vc' holds the repository
Server 'cac-dev' is the client

I'm attempting to create several repositories on server 'vc' under the
directory /vc/svn.
/vc/svn/davetest
/vc/svn/fredtest  ..and so on

My <Location> block in the Apache config looks like this:

 <Location /svn>
     DAV svn
     SVNParentPath /vc/svn

     # ACL policy
     AuthzSVNAccessFile /var/subversion/.svn-acl
     Require valid-user

     # Kerberos configuration
     AuthName "Omni Subversion Repository"
     AuthType Kerberos
     #KrbMethodK4Passwd off
     #KrbAuthRealms Entry should match default realm in /etc/krb5.conf
     KrbAuthRealms OMNIHOTELS.NET
     KrbVerifyKDC off
     KrbServiceName HTTP
     Krb5Keytab /etc/krb5-apache.keytab
   </Location>

I've created the repository /vc/svn/davetest using the svnadmin command.

The repository is currently empty

Re: Unable to check out repository via WebDAV

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
That's not true. You can checkout revision 0 from an empty
repository. Something else must be going on.

Posted by Frank Gruman <fg...@verizon.net>.
Dave,

Before you can check out anything, you first need to have something
checked in to the repository.  The SVN book notes to import existing
files (http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch05s04.html ).  Create some
files in some folder structure and then import those files.  Then you
can check them back out into any new (empty) folder location and that
location has now become your local copy.

Regards,
Frank