Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Michael Davon <da...@web-depot.com> on 1998/09/01 17:52:55 UTC

mod_auth-any/2938: The server just lets everyone in, and seems not to check the passwd.db files at all

>Number:         2938
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       The server just lets everyone in, and seems not to check the passwd.db files at all
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Release:        Apache/1.3.1 (Unix)
>Environment:
Both BSDI 2.1 and 3.0 with gcc
BSD/OS merlin.web-depot.com 2.1 BSDI BSD/OS 2.1 i386
gcc version 2.7.2
BSD/OS hot.hotsex.com 3.0 BSDI BSD/OS 3.0 i386
gcc version 2.7.2.1

The server now lets everyone in, and does not ask for a username and password.
I have tried compiling with both and either of
  AddModule modules/standard/mod_auth_dbm.o
  AddModule modules/standard/mod_auth_db.o
but it doesn't work.

The Auth stuff in my httpd.conf file is as follows:

  AuthDBMUserFile /www/data/passwd/passwd
  AuthGroupFile /www/data/group/group
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName HotSexPics

All this used to work, and still does, with Server version Apache/1.2.4.

>How-To-Repeat:
Well, you can call me, and I can set it up for you.
617-491-0033 (in MA)
>Fix:
No, sorry.