Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Stephen Friedrich <tr...@eekboom.com> on 2008/02/16 20:35:02 UTC

[Trinidad] Any help? "hot swap" of skin file stopped working

I am in the finishing stages for my web app. There's still a lot of styling to do
which involves tweaking the skin file and checking on all required browsers.

That job was barely acceptable while I could simply repackage the skin file and
reload the page to see the effect.
However recently that just stopped working. I have to redeploy the whole
application for Trinidad to pick up the changes.
I'm going nuts!
(Some days ago I had to update from 1.0.3 to 1.0.6, but I think at first it still
worked.)

Can anybody help?

Re: [Trinidad] Any help? "hot swap" of skin file stopped working

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Feb 18, 2008 10:58 PM, Stephen Friedrich <tr...@eekboom.com> wrote:
> Thanks a million!
> I did not change any of those settings, _but_ 1.0.4 introduced an incompatibility.
> Checking for changes in the skin file is now off by default:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-761
> It started to work again after explicitly setting CHECK_FILE_MODIFICATION to true.
>
> There should have been a prominent link to release notes, that list changes to be
> made when upgrading Trinidad.

true.
Do you mind to contribute a little explanation for the skinning dev guide ?

> In fact the "Release Notes" section on the trinidad main page still refer to 1.0.3
> and do not even include changes from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3.

that page isn't maintained. It is there from old Oracle days...
We (in MyFaces) maintain the release notes on this page:

http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/download.html

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [Trinidad] Any help? "hot swap" of skin file stopped working

Posted by Stephen Friedrich <tr...@eekboom.com>.
Thanks a million!

Posted by Martin Hinterndorfer <ma...@irian.at>.
Hi Stephen!