Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/04 12:27:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.26.0 (RC2)

Hi folks,

I have put together a second spin for a Qpid Proton 0.26.0 release,
please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The files can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.26.0-rc2/

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12344005

The changes since RC1 were made via PROTON-1946 and PROTON-1947 (fixup
sub tasks for PROTON-1935).

It is tagged as 0.26.0-rc2.

Regards,
Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.26.0 (RC2)

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
+1 (with note)

* Fedora 27 - running version at release tag for several days
* Checksums check
* passes self test (note)

Note: Building from source, not installed, and running tests:

  mkdir build
  cd    build
  cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/local ..
  make -j 8
  make test

fails python-tox-test. To see what's wrong:

  ctest -VV -R python-tox-test

shows:

  33: /home/chug/tmp/proton-0.26-rc2/qpid-proton-0.26.0/build/python/dist/src/core/message.c:118:24:
      error: ‘HEADER_PRIORITY_DEFAULT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
  33:    if (msg->priority != HEADER_PRIORITY_DEFAULT) {

It looks like the header file that defines HEADER_PRIORITY_DEFAULT has an issue.

By running 'make' again python-tox-test passes. I suspect that there is some kind of race with doing 'make -j 8' if running make again fixes things. This error does not always happen. I can do clean cmake/build and it works just fine. I'll file a jira.

Since this is just a build/test issue that has no effect on the main proton mission I approve the release.

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 at 13:35, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a second spin for a Qpid Proton 0.26.0 release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

+1.

My testing was:

* Verified signatures and checksums
* Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
* Built from source / ran tests on Mac OS X 10.13.6
* Ran hello world against Apache Qpid Broker-J (master)

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
+1

- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files
- Got down the source code from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.26.0-rc2/qpid-proton-0.26.0.tar.gz,
compiled it and used it to run Qpid Dispatch master branch tests and Qpid
Dispatch 1.3.0 release tests (after applying patch in DISPATCH-1108). All
tests passed. (Fedora 27)

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 10/04/2018 08:27 AM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a second spin for a Qpid Proton 0.26.0 release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.26.0-rc2/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12344005
>
> The changes since RC1 were made via PROTON-1946 and PROTON-1947 (fixup
> sub tasks for PROTON-1935).
>
> It is tagged as 0.26.0-rc2.
>
> Regards,
> Robbie

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked for license and notice files
* Built from source and ran the tests
* Previous compilation failure now resolved
* Confirmed that the previously failing test is now passing
* Ran samples against an ActiveMQ Artemis broker instance

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.26.0 (RC2)

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 at 13:27, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a second spin for a Qpid Proton 0.26.0 release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.26.0-rc2/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12344005
>
> The changes since RC1 were made via PROTON-1946 and PROTON-1947 (fixup
> sub tasks for PROTON-1935).
>
> It is tagged as 0.26.0-rc2.
>
> Regards,
> Robbie

+1

I checked things over as follows:

- Verified the sig and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archive.
- Ran the build+tests, did an install.
- Ran up Qpid Dispatch 1.3.0 and Qpid CPP 1.38.0 broker against it, which
  were both built previously against Proton 0.26.0 RC1.
- Built Qpid CPP 1.38.0 against it and ran the tests.
- Built Qpid Dispatch 1.3.0 against it and ran the tests (with the patch on
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-1108 applied to the tests).
- Ran the Qpid JMS HelloWorld example against both routers and brokers.
- Diffed against RC1 to verify only expected changes.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 04/10/18 13:27, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a second spin for a Qpid Proton 0.26.0 release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.26.0-rc2/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12344005
>
> The changes since RC1 were made via PROTON-1946 and PROTON-1947 (fixup
> sub tasks for PROTON-1935).
>
> It is tagged as 0.26.0-rc2.

+1 (built from source, ran tests, installed and ran python examples
against c++ broker)