Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by gortiz <go...@pragsis.com> on 2014/04/08 16:18:25 UTC

How to decide the next HMaster?

Could someone explain me which it's the process to select the next
HMaster when the current one is gone down?? I've been looking for
information about it in the documentation, but, I haven't found anything.

Re: How to decide the next HMaster?

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/recipes.html#sc_leaderElection

This is the recipe how simple ZK-based leader election goes.

-Mikhail

> But, it's the first which responses to Zookeeper or which creates the
> znode? I don't know how it works exactly this process, where could I read
> more about it?
>
> On 08/04/14 18:57, Jean-Daniel Cryans wrote:
>
>> It's a simple leader election via ZooKeeper.
>>
>> J-D
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 7:18 AM, gortiz <go...@pragsis.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Could someone explain me which it's the process to select the next
>>> HMaster
>>> when the current one is gone down?? I've been looking for information
>>> about
>>> it in the documentation, but, I haven't found anything.
>>>

> --
> *Guillermo Ortiz*
> /Big Data Developer/
>
> Telf.: +34 917 680 490
> Fax: +34 913 833 301
> C/ Manuel Tovar, 49-53 - 28034 Madrid - Spain
>
> _http://www.bidoop.es_

Michael Antonov

Re: How to decide the next HMaster?

Posted by gortiz <go...@pragsis.com>.