Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sheng Guo <en...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/23 09:40:33 UTC

Problem with running hadoop jar demo.jar in local mode.

Hi all,

sorry to bother, I have a simple hadoop job. It was running well both in
local mode and in real hadoop cluster. Recently I try to run it again in
single node cluster, and I got the following error:

$ hadoop-1.0.1/bin/hadoop jar CarDemo.jar

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Mkdirs failed to create
/tmp/hadoop-sguo/hadoop-unjar6763909861121801460/META-INF/license
at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.unJar(RunJar.java:47)

I tried this both on 0.20.2 and 1.0.0. Both of them exit with exception
like the above.
Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks!!

Sheng

Re: oozie workflow file for teragen and terasort

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
There's a series of articles on Oozie by Boris Lublinsky over on InfoQ.

http://www.infoq.com/articles/introductionOozie

Re: Problem with running hadoop jar demo.jar in local mode.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
In addition to Harsh answer, configure the tmp hadoop directory, and set
the full permission for the user who is trying to run jar.

Regards
Shashwat Shriparv

--

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Re: Problem with running hadoop jar demo.jar in local mode.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J