Posted to users@maven.apache.org by bw <be...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/13 13:08:55 UTC

Solution to : javax.naming.NamingException: ejb-local-ref: '', no ejb-link in web.xml and no local-jndi-name in jboss-web.xml

Dear Maven User List,

If you have this problem, continue reading :
<jboss-log-snippet>
17:02:07,031 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service
jboss.web.deployment:id=380206596,war=web-1.0.war
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; -
nested throwable: (javax.naming.NamingException: ejb-local-ref: '', no
ejb-link in web.xml and no local-jndi-name in jboss-web.xml)
        at org.jboss.web.AbstractWebDeployer.start(AbstractWebDeployer.java:366)
        at org.jboss.web.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:68)
        at org.jboss.web.WebModule.startService(WebModule.java:46)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:274)
</jboss-log-snippet>

To prevent more poor maven users and newbies (like myself) from giving
up on Maven or the genapp plugin, I guess I should point out a
careless mistake in the genapp plugin code.

You get the error above when you install maven (1.0.2), and then run
maven genapp to generate a "complex" template application...and then
you deploy the ear into an application server.  For me...I deployed
into JBoss 4.

The reason for this problem is because there is a missing double quote
in this file :
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\.maven\cache\maven-genapp-plugin-2.2\plugin-resources\complex\template-resources\components\wars\web\src\java\example\web\EjbServlet.java
Close this faulty line with a double quote and it should solve the
problem above :
<code>
  * 	local="example.ejb.ExampleFacadeLocal
</code>

happy programming,
BengWooiToh