Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Amir Khan <ak...@acumensolutions.com> on 2001/05/01 23:05:44 UTC

Need help with Configuring SOAP on Tomcat

Hi there;

I have installed Tomcat and Apache-SOAP, but I am unable to run Soap
examples on my machine. I have tried from Admin utility and from the command
promt to deploy the examples but no luck. I am getting exceptions that
"Element must contain a: 'faultcode' element". I also get the same exception
when try to execute Testit.bat file. I am new to SOAP and if you can please
refer me how can I have this configured. I have read most of the document
which came with Soap installation but could not resolve my problem. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks;
Amir Khan

Re: Need help with Configuring SOAP on Tomcat

Posted by "Jeffrey E. Sussna" <js...@mongonet.net>.
Thanks for this! I just spent a day debugging the SOAP code. Once I
switched from Xerces 1.3.1 to 1.3.0, everything worked. If I got my class
paths right, 1.3.1 doesn't work with the nightly build either, but don't
quote me on that one. Ah, the joys of moving open-source targets :-).

At 05:13 PM 5/1/01 -0400, Scott Nichol wrote:
>If you downloaded the 2.1 release of Apache SOAP, you should use Xerces
>1.3.0 or 1.2.3.  If you want to run Xerces 1.3.1 or higher, you need the
>nightly build of Apache SOAP.
>
>Scott

Jeffrey E. Sussna
Chief Technology Officer and Vice President of Engineering
MongoNet, Inc.
990 Columbus Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94133
+1 415.674.7707
+1 415.674.7747 fax
http://www.mongonet.net

Re: Need help with Configuring SOAP on Tomcat

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.