Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Ryan Calder <ry...@the-calders.com> on 2005/04/27 17:17:13 UTC

Mailet API version

Where can I get the Mailet API described by the Javadocs at
http://james.apache.org/mailet/ ?

I'm trying to use the MailRepository interface in a mailet, but it doesn't
look like the 2.2.0 jars include org.apache.mailet.MailRepository support.
Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ryan Calder
ryan@the-calders.com

Re: Mailet API version

Posted by ap...@bago.org.
>  MailRepository has not been added to the mailet API, and
> will probably be changed before it would be added.

What are the proposed/scheduled changes to the MailRepository interface?

I think that 1 thing that should be supported is to be able to retrieve the
size of the messages while retrieving the list and not with further query
(this is a must for pop3 server performance).

Speaking of mailet api I also think that a "MailImpl" interface should be
added to the api. Currently many james mailet are not usable outside from
james (I mean inside another mailet container) because they cast to
james.MailImpl.

Stefano

Re: Mailet API version

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:17:13 -0500 (CDT)
  "Ryan Calder" <ry...@the-calders.com> wrote:
> Where can I get the Mailet API described by the Javadocs
>at
> http://james.apache.org/mailet/ ?

Unfortunately, that is for an unreleased version of James.
 MailRepository has not been added to the mailet API, and
will probably be changed before it would be added.

The mailet API javadocs that are bundled with the releases
are correct.

--
Serge Knystautas
Lokitech