Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Gangadhar Rao <ga...@netcracker.com> on 2013/01/09 01:29:28 UTC

Query related to CMS API createQueue

Is there any way we can have the createQueue CMS API to throw an error if the
particular queue
is not present on the broker rather than creating a new one.

Re: Query related to CMS API createQueue

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 16:29 -0800, Gangadhar Rao wrote:
> Is there any way we can have the createQueue CMS API to throw an error if the
> particular queue
> is not present on the broker rather than creating a new one.

Nope, the createQueue / createTopic methods don't interact with the
broker.  You can look into the security model of AMQ as that's how you
would restrict users from dynamically creating destinations, see:

http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-create-new-destinations.html

and

http://activemq.apache.org/security.html

This would cause an error to be thrown upon consumer or producer
creation if no destination exists and the user is not permitted to
create it.

Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121