Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Mauro Piccini <pi...@muteki.it> on 2003/09/18 19:22:23 UTC

Charset encoding issue

Hi.

I have some problem related to encoding.
I'm sending data to a Turbine application with special chars. Data are
correctly stored in the db but when I ask back for the data and I print
them ina a Velocity template, I only see strange characters.

In TurbineResource.properties I have:
services.VelocityService.input.encoding=iso-8859-1
services.VelocityService.output.encoding=iso-8859-1
locale.default.charset=iso-8859-1

and in the template :
$page.setHttpEquiv("Content-Type","text/html; charset=iso-8859-1")

I'm using turbine 2.3.

I've tried all the combination of this parameters but nothing seems to
change.

Thank you all.

Mauro Piccini
-------------
Muteki

Re: Charset encoding issue

Posted by Mauro Piccini <mp...@tin.it>.
On Friday, September 19, 2003, at 01:27  AM, Scott Eade wrote:

> Mauro Piccini wrote:
>
>> I have some problem related to encoding.
>> I'm sending data to a Turbine application with special chars. Data
>> are correctly stored in the db but when I ask back for the data and I
>> print them ina a Velocity template, I only see strange characters.
>>
>> In TurbineResource.properties I have:
>> services.VelocityService.input.encoding=iso-8859-1
>> services.VelocityService.output.encoding=iso-8859-1
>> locale.default.charset=iso-8859-1
>>
>> and in the template :
>> $page.setHttpEquiv("Content-Type","text/html; charset=iso-8859-1")
>>
>> I'm using turbine 2.3.
>>
>> I've tried all the combination of this parameters but nothing seems
>> to change.
>
> This may seem somewhat counter intuitive since the data is stored
> correctly, but can you confirm that you are setting the correct
> encoding in your JDBC driver configuration.
>
> Scott

Altought count intuituve, it is true!

After changing mysql jdbc driver from mm.mysql-2.0.13-bin.jar (a very
old version) to mysql-connector-java.3.0.8.jar ( latest stable ) it all
works.

Thank you very much!

Mauro Piccini

Re: Charset encoding issue

Posted by Mauro Piccini <mp...@tin.it>.

Re: Charset encoding issue

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Re: Charset encoding issue

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.

Re: AW: Charset encoding issue

Posted by Mauro Piccini <mp...@tin.it>.
Linux and MacOsX, same problem and same solution (change the mysql jdbc
driver)

Bye

Mauro Piccini
Muteki