Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by jdu jdass <ss...@hotmail.com> on 2007/12/18 22:26:46 UTC

Save cookies to disk

Hi,

I'm working with httpclient 4 and i need save cookies to my hard disk. I've readed something about ModuleCookie, but I think it's for httpclient 3.
does exists any way to write cookies to hard disk with httpclient 4??

Thanks!!

Re: Save cookies to disk

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 21:26 +0000, jdu jdass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working with httpclient 4 and i need save cookies to my hard disk. I've readed something about ModuleCookie, but I think it's for httpclient 3.
> does exists any way to write cookies to hard disk with httpclient 4??

You can provide a custom CookieStore implementation with any persistence
mechanism you deem appropriate for your application:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/module-client/src/main/java/org/apache/http/client/CookieStore.java

Hope this helps

Oleg

Re: Save cookies to disk

Posted by Tatu Saloranta <co...@yahoo.com>.
--- jdu jdass <ss...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working with httpclient 4 and i need save
> cookies to my hard disk. I've readed something about
> ModuleCookie, but I think it's for httpclient 3.
> does exists any way to write cookies to hard disk
> with httpclient 4??

This does not sound like a question that's directly
related to hc; unless you are requesting that cookies
would need to be serializable (if they are not yet).
Otherwise, just grab the data and write out in some
format (using java serialization via DataOutputStream,
or serialize to/from xml), using available general
tools for object/data serialization?

-+ Tatu +-