Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/13 20:22:32 UTC

[meecrowave] getting rid of snapshots

Hi guys,

ATM we depend on 2 snapshots:

- OWB
- CXF

I'm pretty sure we can solve the first one pretty easily and CXF should
release next month. I'd like to get a release out a bit before Xmas if we
can. To make that possible I'll get in touch with CXF to ensure they don't
release too late for us but we also need to do our own homeworks and that's
where I'd like your feedback before going outside our own community:

1. release OWB
2. check all the legal stuff (to avoid some round trips and N votes) - I
did a first pass but help if more than welcomed on that topic
3. upgrade CXF and OWB and ensure we still work
4. optional but good - get some reviews of current code

Side note: we can also speak about owning the CXF CDI extension and not
reuse CXF one which would avoid us to depend on CXF snapshot (last release
got some bugs only in this part which is 2-3 classes). That said I like
reusing as much as possible of CXF and own as few as possible of the stack.

Wdyt? Does it sounds feasible?

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: [meecrowave] getting rid of snapshots

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
OWB is a non-issue :)
Hope that CXF will release soon too.

LieGrue,