Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Erik Allais <er...@altervisions.com> on 2007/08/14 11:41:57 UTC

Implementation of Web Data Service

hi everybody,

I design my case study with an html file, you can click on any component to
retrieve information/explication

http://erik.allais.free.fr/Apache_Camel/casestudy_eip/myEIP(1).htm

Please send me some feedback/correction about the design

In the future, i want to implement a Data Service Interface which enable to
access to data stored on multiple database (Why not on multiple datasource
?) Something like the data service of MetaMatrix
http://www.metamatrix.com/pages/products/about_data_services.htm

For this example, imagine that the user call the @webmethod READ and give as
parameter the logical view of his data. This logical view must retrieve for
each contact their job (named fonction). A contact can have several job

This a trivial example based of a view with 2 tables located on the same
database and schema (one-to-many join)

Hope you will understand my work.
Sorry for my english,

you can contact me at any moment (on msn : fayzitito@hotmail.com for faster
replying)

Regards,
Erik

Re: Implementation of Web Data Service

Posted by gnodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
>From a ServiceMix perspective, you could also try servicemix-bean.
And using camel, take a look at
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/bean-integration.html

Erik Allais wrote:

> You're right,
> it seems that splitting isn't the best approach to this design.
> I have no idea how to make a orchestration inside camel (found no eip that
> do that)
>
> I study the filter pattern but i have no idea how many message after the
> main message there are.
> It possible to create our own logic in camel with java code directly or
> there is a component which can do
> something like that?
>
> Concerning th BPEL, i dont want to use it now, because this process will
> called by BPEL after.
> In fact, this eip process will be called by a web service (data service
> more precisely)
> I think to encapsulate the call to this process inside a jsr-181
> webmethod.
>
> Regards,
> Erik
>

> gnodet wrote:
>>
>> Hi Erik !
>>
>> It seems to me that there are a few problems:
>>  * you do not really want to split the messages after translating the
>>     input.  it sounds like you need to process the first message, then
>>     the second one, depending on the results from the first message.
>>     This is about orchestrating services rather than splitting them and
>>     simply aggregating the results.
>>  * keep in mind that decomposing the whole flow into lots of small
>>    steps can lead to a very ineffective process at the end.
>>
>> I would consider writing some java code (or using bpel if you prefer,
>> but it's usually slower) to orchetrate and write the flow...
>>

>> Erik Allais wrote:
>>>
>>> hi everybody,
>>>
>>> I design my case study with an html file, you can click on any component
>>> to retrieve information/explication
>>>
>>> http://erik.allais.free.fr/Apache_Camel/casestudy_eip/myEIP(1).htm
>>>
>>> Please send me some feedback/correction about the design
>>>
>>> In the future, i want to implement a Data Service Interface which enable
>>> to access to data stored on multiple database (Why not on multiple
>>> datasource ?) Something like the data service of MetaMatrix
>>> http://www.metamatrix.com/pages/products/about_data_services.htm
>>>
>>> For this example, imagine that the user call the @webmethod READ and
>>> give as parameter the logical view of his data. This logical view must
>>> retrieve for each contact their job (named fonction). A contact can have
>>> several job
>>>
>>> This a trivial example based of a view with 2 tables located on the same
>>> database and schema (one-to-many join)
>>>
>>> Hope you will understand my work.
>>> Sorry for my english,
>>>
>>> you can contact me on my email : erik.allais@altervisions.com for futher