Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2012/09/24 22:30:43 UTC

ApacheCon EU: Registration for speakers

I'd like to finalize my registration for the ApacheCon EU in Sinsheim.
Since I'll be a speaker there http://www.apachecon.eu/schedule/ and I've
seen a lot of messages about speaker registrations recently on this list
(even though it was later clarified that most of the discussion actually
referred to ACNA 2013), I thought I'd check here before proceeding:

1) http://www.apachecon.eu/tickets/ asks that "Committers, Speakers and
Sponsors" use the promotion code they received; I didn't receive any
code as speaker (yes, I did receive one as committer). Are codes sent
automatically to all speakers? Or should I request one somewhere?

2) Speakers should book their accommodation independently, right? (I'm
not saying that they should be given free accommodation, of course; just
making sure that there isn't a block of rooms already reserved for
speakers like the ones already reserved for all attendees
http://www.apachecon.eu/accommodation/ and that I didn't manage to read
about it).

Thanks,
   Andrea Pescetti - Apache OpenOffice committer.

Re: ApacheCon EU: Registration for speakers

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 24 Sep 2012, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> 1) http://www.apachecon.eu/tickets/ asks that "Committers, Speakers and
> Sponsors" use the promotion code they received; I didn't receive any
> code as speaker (yes, I did receive one as committer). Are codes sent
> automatically to all speakers? Or should I request one somewhere?

The email to speakers with registration details was supposed to go out on
Friday, but for some reason it didn't :(

When the only person with the karma + info to send out emails to all
speakers re-surfaces, you'll be told all this and given the appropriate
registration codes

> 2) Speakers should book their accommodation independently, right? (I'm
> not saying that they should be given free accommodation, of course; just
> making sure that there isn't a block of rooms already reserved for
> speakers like the ones already reserved for all attendees
> http://www.apachecon.eu/accommodation/ and that I didn't manage to read
> about it).

That's also in the email that hasn't been sent out yet :/

Short answer - you need to book your own accomodation, and pay for all of
it. Speaker support funds have all gone on discounted registration.
http://www.apachecon.eu/accommodation/ is the place to look for
information on the options, and for links to the discounted block booking

I'm hoping that Steve will re-surface shortly, and send the email out to
all speakers. Sadly, no-one else knows how to do that using the conference
website system, so none of us can step in and do it instead. If it's very
urgent for you, drop a note to planners@ and we'll send you the info.
Sending over 100 individual emails is a bit too much work, hence waiting
for Steve to do it in one go across all confirmed speakers!

Nick