Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/09 14:13:29 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Move to Maven 3 and JDK 1.6 for development

L.S.,

As soon as ServiceMix 4.3.0 is out, I would like to move to JDK 1.6
for development of ServiceMix 4.4.0, dropping support for JDK 1.5.
Both Camel (for version 2.7) and Karaf (for version 3.0) are planning
to do the same thing, so I think it would be wise to follow suit
there.
Also, now that Maven 3 has been out for a while and we had a few fix
versions for it (latest version is 3.0.2), we could make that our
preferred build tool version as well starting with version 4.4.0 and
e.g. configure the Hudson builds to use that version instead of 2.2.1.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move to Maven 3 and JDK 1.6 for development

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
+1, finally get rid of 1.5 and m2 :)

kind regards,
andreas

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Christian,

FWIW, I decided to take a stab at fixing KARAF-440 -- with a new
SNAPSHOT for Karaf, the Camel build's feature validation should work
properly again.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Gert Vanthienen
<ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> L.S.,
>

> As soon as ServiceMix 4.3.0 is out, I would like to move to JDK 1.6
> for development of ServiceMix 4.4.0, dropping support for JDK 1.5.
> Both Camel (for version 2.7) and Karaf (for version 3.0) are planning
> to do the same thing, so I think it would be wise to follow suit
> there.
> Also, now that Maven 3 has been out for a while and we had a few fix
> versions for it (latest version is 3.0.2), we could make that our
> preferred build tool version as well starting with version 4.4.0 and
> e.g. configure the Hudson builds to use that version instead of 2.2.1.
>

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
> FuseSource
> Web: http://fusesource.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move to Maven 3 and JDK 1.6 for development

Posted by Johan Edstrom <jo...@acj-consulting.com>.
+1 On both counts.

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
+ 1.6

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1  Seems to be a good time to do it.  I for one will be ecstatic about it  :-)

--
Chris Custine
FuseSource - Open Source Integration:: http://fusesource.com