Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2007/04/19 17:12:45 UTC

M2 - Interop Tests Volunteer ?

Hi All,

I'm currently adding to a list of tasks which I'm aware of for the M2
release, hopefully as an aid for Rajith :-)

This nascent list is here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/M2+Release

One key task, imho, is some limited interop tests of the various
client/broker combinations.

I'm very much aware that there's some way to go before we have anything
approaching comprehensive interop-ing and good interop tests. In the
meantime, we need to ensure that we interop (at least I know that it's
required for the Java Broker) at least minimally for M2.

>From my involvement in user support for .NET and C++ client interop with the
Java Broker, I know that we have added some simple tests for publishing &
consuming from these clients to/from the Java Broker. I'm optimistic that
there might be something similar (i.e. minimal ?) which has been/could be
done for interop with the C++ broker ??

What I think would be great is:

- Could someone volunteer to define a very minimal set of interop tests for
the clients<->Java Broker and client<->C++ broker (see task on M2 Release
Page)
- This person would then provide a list, ideally of existing test classes +
a small amount of extra test classes required
- We should then JIRA and complete the extra interop tests for M2 before
running them on any RC1 build

Anyone able to help out here ?

Thanks & Regards,
Marnie

Re: M2 - Interop Tests Volunteer ?

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
You now have rights so I've assigned it to you. :)

--
Martin Ritchie

Re: M2 - Interop Tests Volunteer ?

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.