Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian McQueen <mc...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/13 20:01:07 UTC

detection of current log level

I don't see how I can detect the current log level from the API.  Is
it in there somewhere?  It would be nice to be able to do something
where I dump req->headers_in if its at APLOG_INFO.  Otherwise I see
wasted cycles going through headers_in just to do no logging.

Brian McQueen

Re: detection of current log level

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:01:07 -0800
"Brian McQueen" <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see how I can detect the current log level from the API.  Is
> it in there somewhere?  It would be nice to be able to do something
> where I dump req->headers_in if its at APLOG_INFO.  Otherwise I see
> wasted cycles going through headers_in just to do no logging.

AFAIK, no.  You can work around this by setting a flag in your
own module.  My mod_proxy_html goes further than this: it has
a compile-time setting to enable or disable the runtime option
for debug output at level INFO.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/