Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Rob Moore <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/20 23:51:21 UTC

SlideLoginModule will not work with Jetty 5

After some trolling, I discovered that Jetty's JAASGroup.ROLES field
changed from "roles" in 4.2 to "__roles__" in 5. As a result,
JAASUserPrincipal.getRoles() expects the group object to be named the
equivalent of JAASGroup.ROLES and doesn't find the appropriate
SlideGroup (since it passes back the former value).

Anyhow, I hope this helps somebody along the line. Alas, I don't see any
immediate way to fix this issue while maintaining backward
compatibility. Perhaps SlideLoginModule could be made configurable so
that a different implementation of SlideGroup or more generally
java.security.acl.Group could be substituted.

Regards,

Rob