Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Gokulal <go...@nsn.com> on 2007/11/12 07:40:09 UTC

How to Start ActiveMQ from Tomcat

Hi,

How to bring up ActiveMQ by starting Tomcat?
After this I need to bring up a Mule instance,which will be running as a Web
Application.
(Mule in Tomcat is working)

Thanks and Regards,
Gokulal.K

Re: How to Start ActiveMQ from Tomcat

Posted by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
I would recommend creating a ServletContextListener for your web application.
Through the listener, you can then start an embedded AMQ broker (I am
assuming this is the broker type you want)  when your web application gets
deployed/initialized. Use your web app's ../META-INF/context.xml file to
configure your JMS administrable objects (i.e., destinations and connection
factories) as this page describes.

http://activemq.apache.org/tomcat.html

You'll need to define a connection factory with the vm:// or peer:// schemes
to start the embedded broker.

Hope this helps - Joe