Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@attws.com> on 2002/08/14 21:30:16 UTC

Details of Action, ActionForm, and JSP page using logic:iterate a nd html:multibox?

I could use a concise description of the alternatives and details of setting
up my Actions, ActionForm, and JSP pages so I can have a logic:iterate
wrapping a set of html:multibox elements, and so the set options can be
communicated back and forth effectively.  I could also use any pointers to
documentation or articles that describe these details.  I've gone through
the basic Struts documentation and done searches in the struts-user
archives.  I've got something working, but I'm unsure of whether there are
better choices.  The only examples I've found are very simplistic and not
very realistic.  If you know of examples that cover these details (and not
too many others), I would appreciate it.

I'm currently using 1.1-b2, so information about the latest conventions
would be fine.

So far, I have something working, using a Collection attribute called
"optionChoices", containing LabelValueBean objects, and a String[] attribute
called "selectedOptions".  My "setup" action creates the "optionChoices"
list, and my "submit" action can read the "selectedOptions" list.  If the
original options page is redisplayed, the previously selected options are
checked, and no others.  This seems to be correct, but again, I'm not
certain whether there are better ways to do this.