Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Alexey Philimonov <al...@db.com> on 2005/06/02 12:20:29 UTC

Java 1.3.1_11 + Ant 1.6.4 = filter problems

Hi all,

I'm using Java 1.3.1_11 (yes I know it's old but can do nothing with this)
and got a problem with filters while trying to migrate from Ant 1.5.4 to
1.6.4.

This worked fine with Ant 1.5.4, but does nothing with 1.6.4:

<filter filtersfile="${ENV_DIR}/some.properties"/>
<copy file="config/SetEnv.tok" tofile="${TMP_DIR}/config/SetEnv"
filtering="true">
</copy>

This works just fine with 1.6.4 with absolutely the same files:

<copy file="config/SetEnv.tok" tofile="${TMP_DIR}/config/SetEnv">
<filterset>
<filtersfile file="${ENV_DIR}/some.properties"/>
</filterset>
</copy>

I can't figure out what's wrong in the first case - neither -verbose nor
-debug didn't give me a clue why filtering doesn't happen. I tried to
reproduce this problem in the test build file - unsuccessfully. My real
build files are very complex and deeply nested, maybe this might cause the
problem.

Unfortunately, I can't just rewrite everything like in the second example
since I must be backward-compatible (and because there's huge amount of
this stuff).

Any ideas?

best regards,
Alexey Philimonov