Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by peterg <pe...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/12 15:11:37 UTC

Any way of telling karaf-maven-plugin:features-generate-descriptor to ignore transitive dependencies?

Hi,

from my understanding, the features-generate-descriptor goal of the
karaf-maven-plugin (version 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT) pulls in all transitive
dependencies into the created feature.xml file.

I would like it to only include the bundles that I explicitly include in my
dependencies. That is, I would like the plugin to ignore transitive
dependencies. Now, is there a configuration parameter to achieve this? After
reading the plugin documentation (mvn help:describe) I cannot seem to find
such an option.

Currently I'm using a bunch of <excludes> to ignore transitive dependencies
but it's rather tedious and clutters the pom file.

best regards, Peter

Re: Any way of telling karaf-maven-plugin:features-generate-descriptor to ignore transitive dependencies?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-931

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Any way of telling karaf-maven-plugin:features-generate-descriptor to ignore transitive dependencies?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
umm, you also need

<extensions>true</extensions>

in the karaf-maven-plugin configuration

david jencks

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by peterg <pe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jean-Baptiste!

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Peter,

You can use the Maven filter, but it's not really easy as you don't know
all transitive dependencies.

I'm agree with you that we should add a goal configuration to avoid to
resolve the transitive dependencies.

I will raise a Jira for that.

FYI, we are reviewing the Maven plugin and assemblies currently. Any
feedback is welcome !

Thanks !

Regards
JB

On 10/12/2011 03:11 PM, peterg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> from my understanding, the features-generate-descriptor goal of the
> karaf-maven-plugin (version 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT) pulls in all transitive
> dependencies into the created feature.xml file.
>
> I would like it to only include the bundles that I explicitly include in my
> dependencies. That is, I would like the plugin to ignore transitive
> dependencies. Now, is there a configuration parameter to achieve this? After
> reading the plugin documentation (mvn help:describe) I cannot seem to find
> such an option.
>
> Currently I'm using a bunch of<excludes>  to ignore transitive dependencies
> but it's rather tedious and clutters the pom file.
>
> best regards, Peter

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net