Posted to dev@nemo.apache.org by Haeyoon Cho <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/14 04:50:29 UTC

[GSoC] A step forward for off-heap SerializedMemoryStore

Hi,

This is Haeyoon Cho again to share my observations and work for one of GSoC
sub-topics, implementing off-heap SerializedMemoryStore.

I figured out that we need an output stream that can utilize the off-heap
memory to achieve the project goal. I have reported this in more detail in
JIRA. (link <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NEMO-383>)

PR is also available for this issue, which includes simple unit tests.
It would be a big help if you could review and give some comments on it.

Thank you.

Best,
Haeyoon

Re: [GSoC] A step forward for off-heap SerializedMemoryStore

Posted by Taegeon Um <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Haeyoon,

Thanks for the PR!
I’ve left a comment on the JIRA issue and will take a look at the PR :)

Best,
Taegeon

Posted by John Yang <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Haeyoon,

Very nice! I'll also have a look and see if I can be of help.

Thanks,
John

2019년 4월 14일 (일) 오후 1:51, Haeyoon Cho <ch...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Posted by Gyewon Lee <st...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Haeyoon.

I have looked at your codes and it looks good to me for now. I have left
some minor suggestions and also requested reviews from other committers.

Thank you for your contribution even before the GSoC coding period starts.
I'm looking forward to future contributions from you.

Best,
Gyewon