Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Anand Nalya <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/23 15:08:13 UTC

Frozen HConnectionManager.HConnectionImplementation#locateRegionInMeta

Hi,

I'm using HBase 0.98.3 with hadoop 2.4.0. We have application that calls
HTable.put and in case of exception we have we create the table.

The application is freezing in unexpected manner. YourKit is
showing HConnectionManager.HConnectionImplementation#locateRegionInMeta as
frozen. Please find attached the screenshot.

Any ideas what might be the exact cause of this?

Regards,
Anand

Re: Frozen HConnectionManager.HConnectionImplementation#locateRegionInMeta

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
When this happens again, please capture jstack and pastebin it so that we
can know whether the deadlock was due to synchronization on masterAndZKLock.

If possible, please upgrade to 0.98.4

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anand Nalya <an...@gmail.com>.