Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Soren Dayton <da...@overx.com> on 2002/03/21 18:03:30 UTC

Problem with win2k installation of 4.0.3

Hi,

I get the following error when I start the "Apache Tomcat" Service:

The Java Virtual Machine has exited with a code of 2, the service is being
stopped.

JAVA_HOME is set to c:\j2sdk1.4.0, which actually does contain j2sdk 1.4.0
(installed via the j2sdk-1.4.0_win.exe installer from Sun)

The version of tomcat is the one is the installer named
jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3-LE-jdk14.exe. The install was the "full install"
(source + stuff + service).

I'm a bit of a UNIX transplant, so I'm sure there's other useful information
that I'm not giving.

Anyone have any ideas what this error message might mean or how I could
wrangle more specific (or verbose :) error messages out of the thing?

Thanks,
Soren