Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/09/27 14:28:43 UTC

Re: Not able to submit MR or Oozie jobs through knox-0.2.0

Resending again now that I'm actually subscribed to user@knox with this
account!

Hi Umesh,
I'd be very glad to work through this with you.

Let me start by asking that we continue this thread on the user@knox
list which I've CCed.  Also I note that that since the WebHDFS
operations (Delete, Mkdir, Put) are working we know that in general the
gateway is setup properly.

Next, I'll need to help you gather some diagnostic information.

First, provide the output from the gateway server.  These are probably
being written to standard output in the console where you are running
the gateway.  By default this output is limited to INFO level messages
and more severe.  You will probably want to set the logging level to
DEBUG for several loggers.  This can be done by editing the
log4j.properties file in {GATEWAY_HOME}/conf/log4j.properties.  You
should probably set loggers log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.gateway and
log4j.logger.org.apache.http.wire to DEBUG.  This is going to generate
significant output but should provide all the information we need.

Second provide the log generated by Oozie.  This can typically be found
at /var/log/oozie/oozie.log.

Since I don't believe that the Apache mailing lists allow attachements
it might be a good idea to file a jira where these log files can be
attached.

With info we should be able to get things straightened out.  If that
proves difficult we might want you to try out the unreleased 0.3.0 as
the diagnostics for this have been significantly improved.

Kevin.

On 9/27/13 5:14 AM, Chaudhari, Umesh Tulshiram wrote:

> HI kevin,
>
> I am using hive-0.11.0 in HDP-1.3.2 through knox-0.2.0 and trying to
> run samples provided from Knox-0.2.0 samples,
>
> But its throwing me an error while submitting the job.
>
> I have checked settings for webhcat it seems fine, and all hadoop
> ecosystem was installed using ambari only.
>
> I have also modified servers URLS to map them to my servers but it fails.
>
> Can you please help me what can be possibly going wrong,
>
> Please find the error here,
>
> bash-4.1# java -jar bin/shell.jar test_oozie.groovy
>
> Delete /tmp/test 200
>
> Mkdir /tmp/test 200
>
> Put /tmp/test/input/FILE 201
>
> Put /tmp/test/workflow.xml 201
>
> Put /tmp/test/lib/hadoop-examples.jar 201
>
> Caught: org.apache.hadoop.gateway.shell.HadoopException:
> org.apache.hadoop.gateway.shell.ErrorResponse: HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
>
> org.apache.hadoop.gateway.shell.HadoopException:
> org.apache.hadoop.gateway.shell.ErrorResponse: HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
>
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.gateway.shell.AbstractRequest.now(AbstractRequest.java:72)
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.gateway.shell.AbstractRequest$now.call(Unknown
> Source)
>
> at test_oozie.run(test_oozie.groovy:62)
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.gateway.shell.Shell.main(Shell.java:40)
>
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.gateway.launcher.Invoker.invokeMainMethod(Invoker.java:64)
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.gateway.launcher.Invoker.invoke(Invoker.java:37)
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.gateway.launcher.Command.run(Command.java:100)
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.gateway.launcher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:70)
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.gateway.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:49)
>
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.gateway.shell.ErrorResponse: HTTP/1.1 500
> Server Error
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.gateway.shell.Hadoop.executeNow(Hadoop.java:107)
>
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.gateway.shell.AbstractRequest.execute(AbstractRequest.java:47)
>
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.gateway.shell.workflow.Submit$Request.access$500(Submit.java:38)
>
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.gateway.shell.workflow.Submit$Request$1.call(Submit.java:77)
>
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.gateway.shell.workflow.Submit$Request$1.call(Submit.java:64)
>
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.gateway.shell.AbstractRequest.now(AbstractRequest.java:70)
>
> ... 8 more
>
> Thanks,
>
> Umesh

> This message and any files or attachments sent with this message
> contain confidential information and is intended only for the
> individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not
> disseminate, distribute, copy or use any part of this email. If you
> have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies
> [...]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE