Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Sam Gendler <sg...@ideasculptor.com> on 2006/05/04 20:51:18 UTC

how to access informal parameters within .script file

I need to access the informal parameter names and values individually
within a .script file.  Is there any way to do this, even if it means
creating a Map or something in java before passing that to the script?

--sam

Re: how to access informal parameters within .script file

Posted by Sam Gendler <sg...@ideasculptor.com>.
I would need to know the attribute names, in that case, yes?  I was
hoping for a method which would allow me to pass all informal
parameters, no matter what they may be.  Looking in to the tapestry
code for AbstractComponent, the bindings are totally private, as are
the methods for discovering which are explicit and which are informal.
 So I just implemented an IMarkupWriter which stpres attributes,
rather than printing them, and passed it to
renderInformalParameters().  Maybe not the cheapest way to do it, but
easy and effective.

--sam

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.