Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by apache <sb...@apache.org> on 2016/09/25 20:06:33 UTC

Link Forward

Ate,

I’m working on a post for http://blogs.apache.org/streams/ which will link to the talk video, presentation, with the highlights as text.

The presentation itself is available http://sblackmon-apache-org.herokuapp.com/flinkforward2016.html - it looks terrific in safari but broken in chrome, still trying to figure out why and how to fix.

I also have a new module for streams-examples demonstrating embedding of twitter collectors within flink up in the ‘flink’ branch of streams-examples.  I’ll PR that to master after the 0.3-incubating release.

Steve
On September 23, 2016 at 11:38:50 AM, Ate Douma (ate@douma.nu) wrote:

> Here's a video of Steve's talk in Berlin from last week
> btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlU1h0SV4SQ

Cool, I'll watch it later this weekend.
@Steve: might it be useful to put a link on the Streams website?

Re: Link Forward

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Hi Steve,

On 2016-09-25 22:06, apache wrote:
> Ate,
>
> I’m working on a post for http://blogs.apache.org/streams/ which will link to
> the talk video, presentation, with the highlights as text.
>
> The presentation itself is available
> http://sblackmon-apache-org.herokuapp.com/flinkforward2016.html - it looks
> terrific in safari but broken in chrome, still trying to figure out why and how
> to fix.

I just watched the video on youtube, which looked fine.
But indeed the presentation itself is broken in chrome.

I liked the video, good talk, and a cool example what you can do with, among
things, Streams.
But from a technical POV I think it was mostly about big data usage/mapping
/filtering/transforming in general and your app in particular.
It would have been even cooler if in the presentation the where and how Apache
Streams is used had been more obvious :-)