Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com> on 2013/05/14 15:24:47 UTC

PRs via GitHub: use a personal fork

Quick one (obvious, in hindsight) that just tripped me up: use a
branch on a personal fork of the mirrored repo, rather than creating a
branch on the mirror repo itself (if you have that right).

I just submitted a PR [1] based on a branch created on the mirrored
repo only to see the PR automatically closed when the next repo mirror
job kicked in and deleted the branch ;-)

ap

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/2

Re: PRs via GitHub: use a personal fork

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
So for the ASF mirrors essentially only root@ has any level of account
on the repos, and they do almost zero interaction wtih the repos
themselves. The downside to this is that you have essentially no
ability to close a PR, the upside is that it means there is
essentially zero chance of someone pushing directly to the mirror.
Unfortunately the permissions at GH aren't very granular.

--David

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.