Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Abbate <di...@ispconcepts.com> on 2005/07/18 21:32:18 UTC

Tomcat 5.5 changes in Log format

Hello. We run a webhosting environment, and in previous releases we were
able to have separate logs for *each* virtual host by using something like
this:

<Host name="mydomain.com" ...>
prefix="domain.com_log." suffix=".txt" directory="/home/melang"
timestamp="true"/>
</Host>

After we just upgraded to Tomcat 5.5, we see this support was removed, and
are looking for ways to get around this and still provide seperate logging
ability for each virtual host. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to
set something like this up on Tomcat 5.5 ? We looked at log4j but it doesn't
seem like the same thing.

Kind Regards,
Robert

Re: Tomcat 5.5 changes in Log format

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
read documenctation:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html

Posted by Woodchuck <wo...@yahoo.com>.
hihi,

the default logging mechanism in TC 5.5 is java.util.logging.  you need
to place a separate logging.properties file in the class folder of each
of your webapps that require separate logging (and of course make sure
to name these logging files differently).

details can be found here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html

woodchuck