Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Harmeet Bedi <hb...@yahoo.com> on 2001/05/05 21:03:20 UTC

Re: is James active...

From: "Ashant Chalasani" <as...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2001 5:53 AM
> I however wish that there were better configuration interfaces.

Do you mean the startup or runtime configuration interfaces.
At startup time the configuration information used to come from
assembly.xml. Now assembly.xml has been split into assembly and configration
specific files. That should make things a bit cleaner.

At runtime, the RemoteManager interface is definitely undewhelming. Avalon
has recently started adding JMX binding and reconfiguration facilities. A
JMX Adapter for James runtime configuration may be an ideal runtime
configuration facility. Any thoughts ?

Harmeet