Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/04/14 09:27:43 UTC

[validator] Replacements for deprecated stuff?

Hi,

Velocity tools fails to build in Gump[1] because Validator has removed
some deprecated classes and methods

Could you please help?  What are the recommended replacements that the
Velocity tools packages should use so that they can work with the
latest released version of Validator and its CVS HEAD at the same
time?

Cheers

        Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://gump.covalent.net/log/jakarta-velocity-tools.html

Re: [validator] Replacements for deprecated stuff?

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
The deprecation javadoc should point you to the replacement API.

David

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Marin <ma...@centrum.is> wrote:

> I've committed the necessary changes to Velocity tools.

Great.

> Gump shouldn't complain now.

Last night's build on my machine failed in rhino and as result of a
very big ripple effect jakarta-velocity-tools hasn't been built.
We'll see.

Thanks Marinó

       Stefan

Re: [validator] Replacements for deprecated stuff?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Marinó A. Jónsson" <ma...@centrum.is>.
I've committed the necessary changes to Velocity tools.  Gump shouldn't
complain now.

cheers,
Marinó

Posted by "Marinó A. Jónsson" <ma...@centrum.is>.