Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Stefano Bianchi <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/14 09:33:14 UTC

Mesos-DNS Failed to connect to...

Im correctly running mesos-dns from marathon and it seems to work.
But when i launch:

http://test.marathon.mesos

(where test is a funning task on marathon)

I get:

curl: (7) Failed connect to test.marathon.mesos:80; Connection refused

Where am i wrong?

Re: Mesos-DNS Failed to connect to...

Posted by shakeel <sh...@motortrak.com>.
Hi Stephano,

In this case you should follow Chris advice of putting the mesos-dns
server as your local dns server.

It will allow you to connect to the services using a URL.

Kind Regards
Shakeel Suffee

Posted by Stefano Bianchi <ja...@gmail.com>.
shakeel

Posted by shakeel <sh...@motortrak.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Chris Baker <ch...@galacticfog.com>.

Posted by Rodrick Brown <ro...@orchard-app.com>.

https://mesosphere.github.io/mesos-dns/docs/naming.html

\--

**Rodrick Brown** / Systems Engineer

+1 917 445 6839 /
[rodrick@orchardplatform.com](mailto:charlie@orchardplatform.com)

**Orchard Platform**

101 5th Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10003

[http://www.orchardplatform.com](http://www.orchardplatform.com/)

[Orchard Blog](http://www.orchardplatform.com/blog/) | [Marketplace Lending
Meetup](http://www.meetup.com/Peer-to-Peer-Lending-P2P/)

oarseGrainedScheduler@128.101.163.200:41563](http://CoarseGrainedScheduler@128

--
*NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS*: This communication is confidential and intended for
the use of the addressee only. If you are not an intended recipient of this
communication, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by return
email. Unauthorized reading, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is prohibited. This communication does not constitute an
offer to sell or a solicitation of an indication of interest to purchase
any loan, security or any other financial product or instrument, nor is it
an offer to sell or a solicitation of an indication of interest to purchase
any products or services to any persons who are prohibited from receiving
such information under applicable law. The contents of this communication
may not be accurate or complete and are subject to change without notice.
As such, Orchard App, Inc. (including its subsidiaries and affiliates,
"Orchard") makes no representation regarding the accuracy or completeness
of the information contained herein. The intended recipient is advised to
consult its own professional advisors, including those specializing in
legal, tax and accounting matters. Orchard does not provide legal, tax or
accounting advice.

Re: Mesos-DNS Failed to connect to...

Posted by June Taylor <ju...@umn.edu>.
Stefano,

Try inspecting the DNS directly, for example here is an nslookup query to
find the port and slave node that contains a running Docker container
started by Marathon, and then you can see the curl command touching on that
node and the port specified in the SRV record. I am not sure your
expectation of having test.marathon.mesos as a valid DNS A-record is
correct.

june@cluster:~$ nslookup -type=SRV _tomsflask._tcp.marathon.mesos

_tomsflask._tcp.marathon.mesos service = 0 0 31427 tomsflask-5p8ho-s83.
marathon.slave.mesos.

june@cluster:~$ curl http://tomsflask-5p8ho-s83.marathon.slave.mesos:31427

Hello World from Flask (default)