Posted to users@maven.apache.org by James Green <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/04 10:20:11 UTC

Convention for shipped artefacts?

Open question:

I am looking at a project that consists of two or three dozen small maven
modules. Out of this we ship maybe six artefacts.

Does anyone have experience of managing this? I'm having difficulty
locating those projects that actually result in a shipped artefact. Perhaps
it's structure, perhaps it's naming.

Thanks,

James

Re: Convention for shipped artefacts?

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Two options that I know of:
1) Create a module that creates a single jar containing all of the code
to be shipped.
2) If you want to ship a number of jars, create a Maven project using
IzPack to create an installer that collects the jars to be shipped and
builds an installer that will permit them to be deployed easily.

We have done both in different circumstances.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President

RE: Convention for shipped artefacts?

Posted by Robert Patrick <ro...@oracle.com>.
We use http://www.mojohaus.org/flatten-maven-plugin/ to strip out "development-related" stuff, parent POMs, etc. from our POMs for our "leaf" artifacts so that they have standalone POMs with only their dependencies in them.