Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Dean Jones <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/03 15:46:24 UTC

NodeState references inexistent parent id

Hello folks,

I'm occasionally getting the following error from Jackrabbit when
starting our app:

13:30:36,555 ERROR BundleDbPersistenceManager:750 - NodeState
deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe references inexistent parent id
deadbeef-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe

which appears to mean that the "jcr:versionStorage" node cannot find
the "/jcr:system" node. I can find only one other report of this issue
on the mailing list (which didn't seem to be resolved) so it doesn't
seem to be a widespread problem. This leads me to suspect it's
something to do with the way we have Jackrabbit configured. We're
using the BundleDbPersistanceManager on top of the DbFileSystem. We
have configured different schema object prefixes for the workspace and
versioning PersistanceManagers, but the same schema object prefix for
the DbFileSystems - see attached extract of repository.xml file. Is
this the right way to set things up, or does the version store require
its own file system?

Thanks,

Dean.

Re: NodeState references inexistent parent id

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
hi dean

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Dean Jones <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
>  I'm occasionally getting the following error from Jackrabbit when
>  starting our app:
>
>  13:30:36,555 ERROR BundleDbPersistenceManager:750 - NodeState
>  deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe references inexistent parent id
>  deadbeef-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
>
>  which appears to mean that the "jcr:versionStorage" node cannot find
>  the "/jcr:system" node. I can find only one other report of this issue
>  on the mailing list (which didn't seem to be resolved) so it doesn't
>  seem to be a widespread problem. This leads me to suspect it's
>  something to do with the way we have Jackrabbit configured. We're
>  using the BundleDbPersistanceManager on top of the DbFileSystem. We
>  have configured different schema object prefixes for the workspace and
>  versioning PersistanceManagers, but the same schema object prefix for
>  the DbFileSystems - see attached extract of repository.xml file. Is
>  this the right way to set things up, or does the version store require
>  its own file system?

every db-based FileSystem and PersistenceManager component should
use distinct schemaObjectPrefix values.

i noticed that you used the a hard-coded schemaObjectPrefix value
for the workspace persistence managers. if you're having multiple
workspaces that's probably causing the problems you're seeing.
further be aware that the <Workspace/> config element in the
repository.xml serves as a template only for creating new workspaces.
changing it will not affect already existing workspaces.

i suggest to use the following for Workspace FileSystem and PersistcenManager:

       <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>

cheers
stefan