Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2012/03/11 19:27:32 UTC

[ANN] Clirr Maven Plugin 2.4 Released

The Mojo team is pleased to announce the clirr-maven-plugin-2.4 release!

Clirr is a tool that checks Java libraries for binary and source
compatibility with older releases. Basically you give it two sets of jar
files and Clirr dumps out a list of changes in the public API. The
clirr-maven-plugin can be configured to break the build, if it detects
incompatible api changes. In a continuous integration process, the
clirr-maven-plugin can automatically prevent accidental introduction of
binary or source compatibility problems. Additionally, the plugin can
generate a report as part of the generated site.

http://mojo.codehaus.org/clirr-maven-plugin/

To get this update, simply specify the version in your project's plugin
configuration:

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>clirr-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.4</version>
      </plugin>

Release Notes

Fixed Bugs:
o Plugin does not support "maven-plugin" packaging/type  Issue: MCLIRR-39.
o ClirrReport throws java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException  Issue:
MCLIRR-37.
o AbstractClirrMojo.reportDiffs crashes with
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException while handling CheckerException  Issue:
MCLIRR-36.
o Invalid xref link generated for added inner class  Issue: MCLIRR-18.

Changes:
o provide german resource bundle  Issue: MCLIRR-45.
o Add Swedish resource bundle  Issue: MCLIRR-44.
o Add russian resource bundle  Issue: MCLIRR-43.
o Add dutch resource bundle  Issue: MCLIRR-42.

Have fun!
-The Mojo team

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [ANN] Clirr Maven Plugin 2.4 Released

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
For some reason I've never been able to get this plugin to actually do
what I think it should be doing.

For example, I just commented out a method declaration in an interface,
thinking to myself "well surely THAT breaks the previous API..." but
clirr just ignores it.

I do see an odd message tho:

[INFO] --- clirr-maven-plugin:2.4:check (default-cli) @ smx3.api ---
[INFO] Comparing to version: 5.0.20
[INFO] smx3.api.ApplicationManager: Class smx3.api.ApplicationManager added

This is the interface I changed, in fact - ALL classes in the various
artifacts list here saying "added", however - since they were in the
previous released artifact, are they really added?

Mark

PS: I probably should take this to a clirr specific list, but I'm here
currently :)