Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Dominik Smatana <do...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/29 14:46:33 UTC

NB 9.0 rc1 on Java 10

Hello,

I've decided to try the newly released rc1 today, but I can't get it to
work.

"Cannot find Java 1.8 or higher"

Can it run directly on Java 10? Or do I still have to install JDK 1.8 as
well?

Thank you.

ds

Re: NB 9.0 rc1 on Java 10

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
When I run "java -version" I get this:

java version "10" 2018-03-20
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10+46)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10+46, mixed mode)

And the rc1 starts up without a problem.

Gj

Re: NB 9.0 rc1 on Java 10

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Excellent. Further feedback of any kind as you use it day to day very
welcome.

Gj

Re: NB 9.0 rc1 on Java 10

Posted by Dominik Smatana <do...@gmail.com>.