Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Hakan karao��lu <hk...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/06 13:41:13 UTC

How to exclude distinctValues field?

Maybe a small question but I couldn't find the answer. I have a test query as below. The part I marked in yellow is the 1 month data sample, but as the date range increases, the list of distinctValues also increases and the annual  queries page timeout.

What I want is just the countDistinct value, how can I provide that. In short, I don't need distinctValues fields, I'm only interested in the countDistinct. How can I exclude this distinctValues field or make a distinct query for the fromid field.

Re: How to exclude distinctValues field?

Posted by Shawn Heisey <el...@elyograg.org>.
On 10/6/21 2:26 PM, Hakan karaoğlu wrote:
> Hi,
> You right. I new using the forum, I will learn, this image link : https://tr.imgbb.com/
>
> Actually, I have two questions.
> Firstly. How to exclude Distinct Values? What I want is just the countDistinct count. I don't want to deal with values. The reason is that when more date ranges are selected, the list gets longer and there is a possibility of timeout.
>
> My second question is, when the date range is long, for example, in a 1-year selection, solr does not respond, a blank screen appears. I'm testing on a dataset of about 12M.
>
> Note: I tried something like distinctValues:false but it didn't work. Then I saw that when stats.calcdistinct=true is set, it automatically returns true.

That link you provided doesn't show anything.

I have no idea what you mean by Distinct Values.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: How to exclude distinctValues field?

Posted by Hakan karao��lu <hk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.