Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carl Boudreau <ca...@notiva.com> on 2001/11/08 19:25:29 UTC

That old Open Source vs. Proprietary Application argument

Hello People,

I am not looking to start a fight online.... but I need your help in a fight
in my office.

I would like to hear from you if you are using Apache and/or Tomcat in
production.
And if your production system handles a high volume of transactions, for
example I heard
that Amazon.com is using the Apache and Tomcat packages and having better
results than
they did with IBM Web Sphere or BEA's Web Logic.

If you are using these packages in your company, could you generalize how
much volume your
site is handling, and a dolor value your company is handling.

I am hoping to received results that will knock these peoples socks off!

Why spend 15,000 on a package?

Carl.