Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org> on 2019/12/21 23:25:12 UTC

Need help in foreign language (Cambodia)

Hello all,

I need help with a user on Facebook.
He speaks not very well English, and has issues with the gatekeeper on his Mac.

He seems to be from Cambodia (Google translate claim)

It would be cool if someone can jump in who speaks Cambodian or can point me to a Cambodian Ressource how to handle the gatekeeper.

I already posted the link to the English forum with the article. (we had a wiki article somewhere but I could not find it)

Thanks
All the best
Peter

Re: Need help in foreign language (Cambodia)

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 00:25 22/12/2019 +0100, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>I need help with a user on Facebook. He speaks not very well
>English, and has issues with the gatekeeper on his Mac. He seems to
>be from Cambodia (Google translate claim)
>
>It would be cool if someone can jump in who speaks Cambodian ...

No such beast, I think: the official language of Cambodian is Khmer.

>... or can point me to a Cambodian Resource how to handle the gatekeeper.

o Go to Google Translate (e.g. https://translate.google.com/ ).
o Paste in the left panel the URL http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290 .
o In the right panel, select Khmer as the language.
o Click on the identical URL in the right panel.
o Follow the instructions in the last section (headed "How to open an
app that hasn't been notarized or is from an unidentified developer"
in the English version).

Or persuade your correspondent to do this.

The images will still be in English, of course, but they should be
close enough to whatever he is seeing to be helpful.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Need help in foreign language (Cambodia)

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the link and the Google translation.
This did help me, I have posted an answer.
Let's hope it helps him to solve his issue. It is sometimes difficult if we are not able to translate.

All the best
Peter

Posted by David Belina <db...@comcast.net>.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.