Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Till Toenshoff <to...@me.com> on 2015/12/10 23:55:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.26.0 (rc5)

Hi friends,

we did unfortunately, once again run into an issue that needed immediate attention (see vote on rc4), hence we have to ask for another round of testing and voting of this newest release-candidate.

The issue leading to this new release candidate was https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-4106 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-4106>. Apart from that, we also pulled in a fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-4015 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-4015> as we believe it has minimal additional risk while being very useful for some of us.

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos 0.26.0.

The CHANGELOG for the release is available at:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG;hb=0.26.0-rc5

The candidate for Mesos 0.26.0 release is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.26.0-rc5/mesos-0.26.0.tar.gz

The tag to be voted on is 0.26.0-rc5:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=commit;h=0.26.0-rc5

The MD5 checksum of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.26.0-rc5/mesos-0.26.0.tar.gz.md5

The signature of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.26.0-rc5/mesos-0.26.0.tar.gz.asc

The PGP key used to sign the release is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/mesos/KEYS

The JAR is up in Maven in a staging repository here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemesos-1095

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Mesos 0.26.0!

The vote is open until Tue Dec 15 22:35:22 CET 2015 and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Mesos 0.26.0

Till & Bernd

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.26.0 (rc5)

Posted by Alexander Rojas <al...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 (non-binding)

Tested on Debian 8 the following configurations:

```
$ configure && make -j8 check
$ configure && make -j8  distcheck
$ configure && sudo make -j8 check
$ configure && sudo make-j8 distcheck
$ configure --enable-ssl --enable-libevent && make -j8  check
$ configure --enable-ssl --enable-libevent && make -j8  distcheck
$ configure --enable-ssl --enable-libevent && sudo make-j8 check
$ configure --enable-ssl --enable-libevent && sudo make-j8 distcheck
```
Apart from the known non blocker issues nothing else arose.

Posted by Brenden Matthews <br...@diddyinc.com>.
+1 (binding)

Make check'd on OS X with SSL & libevent.

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Benjamin Mahler <benjamin.mahler@gmail.com

Posted by Brenden Matthews <br...@diddyinc.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Fwd: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.26.0 (rc5)