Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/03/05 11:35:39 UTC

[Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "Logging/FrequentlyAskedQuestions" by SimonKitching

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by SimonKitching:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Logging/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

The comment on the change is:
Add link to new page about static Log references

  == How Do I Change The Logging System Configuration? ==

  The configuration supported by JCL is limited to choosing the underlying logging system. JCL does not (and will never) support changing the configuration of the wrapped logging system. Please use the mechanisms provided by the underlying logging system.
+
+ == Should I declare Log references static or not? ==
+
+ Short answer: static references to Log instances are ok for application code, but a bad idea for library code.
+
+ See this page for details:
+   http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Logging/StaticLog

  == Log4JLogger does not implement Log ==