Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Chris Todd <ch...@christophertodd.com> on 2000/11/17 02:00:55 UTC

jakarta website cvs module WAS: RE: [SUBMIT] Enhanced Tstamp

Jon-

Really - is that all that is necessary to make docs and website
contributions?  I didn't even know the jakarta website was a cvs module.  Is
this type of arrangement set up for most jakarta projects?  How about
java.apache.org and xml.apache.org projects as well?

Regards,
Chris Todd

Re: jakarta website cvs module WAS: RE: [SUBMIT] Enhanced Tstamp

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Chris Todd wrote:

> Jon-
>
> Really - is that all that is necessary to make docs and website
> contributions?  I didn't even know the jakarta website was a cvs module.  Is
> this type of arrangement set up for most jakarta projects?  How about
> java.apache.org and xml.apache.org projects as well?

There are variations on the theme, but the general answer is yes (also
for the main Apache web site).

The web site you see at http://jakarta.apache.org is made up of the
following
things:

* Static content (stored in the "jakarta-site" CVS module)

* Other stuff that is checked out from project CVS repositories
  (like the online copy of the Tomcat documentation)

* Manually uploaded things (like releases in the "builds" directory).

For the Jakarta site, we're temporarily using a "poor man's" template
engine to maintain the common look and feel of the static content.
Check out the README file at the top level directory of the
"jakarta-site" repositiory (I just added a link to this for online
access via CVSWeb) for info on what actually is required to update the
site.

Individual subprojects can choose to maintain their web site content
through any combination of these techniques, and different subprojects
do it differently.  Ant, for example, could really do with someone
interested in enhancing what is already there (hint, hint :-).

> Regards,
> Chris Todd

Craig McClanahan

Re: jakarta website cvs module WAS: RE: [SUBMIT] Enhanced Tstamp

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 08:00  16/11/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Jon-
>
>Really - is that all that is necessary to make docs and website
>contributions?  I didn't even know the jakarta website was a cvs module.  Is
>this type of arrangement set up for most jakarta projects?  How about
>java.apache.org and xml.apache.org projects as well?

java.apache.org has it under a module java_apache_org_site or something
like that ;)

Cheers,

Pete