Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.com> on 2016/07/01 00:40:09 UTC

Re: Interceptor for MQTT

It's not working because that feature is not implemented in the broker as I stated in a previous email.  There's no way to get it working unless you modify the broker to support it.

Justin

Posted by "aries.aries" <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martyn,

Thanks a lot for information you provided. As of now I have managed a
workaround by collecting the messages in the code. I will contact you if I
need some help :) Thanks again.

Regards,
Vicky

Re: Interceptor for MQTT

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
FWIW, I raised a PR with MQTT Interceptor in it.  There's still a bit of
refactoring to do, but I think with some minor change sit would be ready to
be leveraged in every protocol.

The main problem I see is that every protocol is implemented differently.
It may be worthwhile to look at refactoring some of that code, see where
some synergy can be built.  At the end of the day, it looks like its all
just netty protocol handlers.

I do agree that being able to gather stats on various destinations in the
system would be useful though.

John

Re: Interceptor for MQTT

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.

Re: Interceptor for MQTT

Posted by "aries.aries" <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martyn,

Re: Interceptor for MQTT

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.
Hi Vicky

Re: Interceptor for MQTT

Posted by "aries.aries" <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Interceptor for MQTT

Posted by Jiri Danek <jd...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 2:40 AM, Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.com> wrote:

> It's not working because that feature is not implemented in the broker as
> I stated in a previous email.  There's no way to get it working unless you
> modify the broker to support it.

I've submitted a Feature Request for it
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-607.
--