Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Razvan Orendovici <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/16 15:29:51 UTC

Passing User-Prefs to

I am having difficulty getting a <content type=url> gadget to
render properly in the Java distribution. The problem that is occurring is
that the UserPrefs stored in the gadget xml are not being passed to the
rendering url in anyway. Because of this the rendering url just uses default
values it has for everything.

My current test gadget is a google gadget stock chart (
http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/file/113570023379904426818/StockCharts.xml
).
When using gmodules  server through

http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/file/113570023379904426818/StockCharts.xml

the userPrefs inside the XML get passed along to the rendering url. On
my local setup of the java Shindig, none of the variables get passed along
to the rendering url.
I also modified that same stock chart gadget(
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/325531/IBM/stocks.xml) and changed its
default user prefs to see if any changes were happening. gModules passes
these values along, while my Java installation does not.

I know gmodules does this properly, and i have spent a lot of time
searching around without any luck. If anybody can point me to some resources
about this problem or anything similar let me know. I also spent some time
trying to find bug requests about this feature, or anything that states that
this feature would not be supported.

If i understood the opensocial .9 spec properly Section *3.1.3.6.c*
describes that user prefs should be passed to the rendering page. If not
please correct my understanding of the spec.

Currently i have the beta3 trunk running and debugging through eclipse on
my local machine. I have stepped through some breakpoints and code. The
href object that is being passed to the redirection code does not contain
any values in the 'query' parameter and i was unable to see where the code
tried to pass userPrefs or other variables to the rendering site.

Thank you.
-Razvan